Monday, May 8, 2017

Screening Report 9 : Denmark: After the Wedding

Image result for after the wedding



1) Relate what was discussed in class or the text to the screening.
In class we discussed how this film was unique from all the other films because it took place in two different countries, Denmark and India. We talked about the similarities and differences between the wedding banquet. Also we discussed the message the props delivered to the audience subliminally. Each dead animal represents Jorgen's death is in the near future. The class explained how each scene was unpredictable and keeps you guessing what's about to happen.


2)  Find a related article and summarize the content.  (on the film, director, studio, actor/actress, artistic content, etc.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/30/movies/30wedd.html

The article I chose was published from the NY times. The writer Manohla Dargis did a review of the film. He explained the different camera work the director Susanne Bier chose to express. Dargis also mentions a how the film can be under the dogma lite genre because of the realism Bier creates.

3) Apply the article to the film screened in class. 

This article  did change my perspective on the film. As you watch the film, you don't really notice the weird camera shots and how poorly they were shot.  It almost seemed like the director was trying to make it too real that ultimately made it seem like a documentary. He also thought the acting was mediocre. 


4) Write a critical analysis of the film, including your personal opinion,  formed as a result of the screening, class discussions, text material and the article.

This film will have you confused at times as you try to predict each character's connection to one and other.  Overall this was a decent film.  As the film progresses, so does the suspense for the family. The climax of the film was the wedding in my opinion. After Jorgen tells Jacob he is Helene's real father, the story starts to unfold. 

CHECKLIST FOR PLAGIARISM 
1) (  ) I have not handed in this assignment for any other class.

2) (  ) If I reused any information from other papers I have written for other classes, I clearly explain that in the paper.

3) (  ) If I used any passages word for word, I put quotations around those words, or used indentation and citation within the text.

4) (  ) I have not padded the bibliography. I have used all sources cited in the bibliography in the text of the paper.

5) (  ) I have cited in the bibliography only the pages I personally read.

6) (  ) I have used direct quotations only in cases where it could not be stated in another way. I cited the source within the paper and in the bibliography.

7) (  ) I did not so over-use direct quotations that the paper lacks interpretation or originality.

8) (  ) I checked yes on steps 1-7 and therefore have been fully transparent about the research and ideas used in my paper.

Name: ___________Jibri Jack______________________  Date: ____________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final- Trinidad & Tobago

Background :    Trinidad and Tobago lies in the Caribbean Sea off the northeast coast of Venezuela. Christopher Columbus gave...